Veröffentlicht am 4.07.2012 | von Dominik0
THE SOUNDTRACK OF OUR LIVES – Interview
Wo gute Nachrichten zu vernehmen sind, lassen auch die schlechte nicht lange auf sich warten – so auch in diesem Fall: Die Schweden von The Soundtrack Of Our Lives sind mit einem neuen Album zurück – soweit so gut. Im selben Atemzug verkündeten die sechs jedoch auch, dass ‚Throw It To The Universe‚ (VÖ: 22.06. via Haldern Pop) ihr letztes Album sein wird. Grund genug mal bei Sänger und Frontmann Ebbot Lundberg nachzufragen, wie es zum Abschied kam, wie das letzte Album entstand und wie es nach dem Ende der Band weitergehen soll: The Soundtrack Of Our Lives im Bedroomdisco Interview!
1.) Band facts:
– Name: The Soundtrack Of Our Lives
– Band members: Ebbot Lundberg, Fredrik Sandsten, Martin Hederos, Mattias Bärjed, Kalle Gustafsson Jerneholm, Ian Person
– Founding year: 1995
– Residence: Sweden
– Current album: Throw It To The Universe
– ‚Throw It To The Universe‘ will be the last regular release of The Soundtrack Of Our Lives – how did you come to this decision?
Back in 1995 the decision was made that we were about fullfill our purpose as a group in 2012.
– Was the decision already made when you went into the studio to record the new album?
– With what feelings did you start recording and how did this influence the recording?
A relief. Most of the songs were already made so there were more about putting the final words into the songs.
– What aim did you have for the record?
To complete the idea of the Soundtrack of Our Lives.Which was basically the idea reflecting the rapid changes this planet is going through right now. It is our purpuse as artistsAnd to save the world from shitmusic.
– Could you tell us something about the production process of ‚Throw It To The Universe‘? How long did it take, where did it happen, what were the difficulties, how did you prepare for it? What was the best, what the worst moment? Most told anecdote?
It took about 7 months to complete. And to be honest it was a collection of songs we already had recorded during our years as a band so it was mostly me who did the production and mixing with Kalle and his staff. I had to put it all together and finish it as the last chapter in the recorded book of the Soundtrack of Our Lives.
It was all done at Svenska Grammofonstudion – which is a big studio complex owned by our bass player Kalle.
– ‚Where’s the Rock?‘ is one of our favorite songs – can you tell us what it is about, how it was done and if there is a story behind it?
We played some songs for a record company who were interested in signing the group. After playing some of the slower tunes of the album for the company, like „Shine On“ and „What´s your story“ somebody asked in frustration „Where´s The Rock?“. I had been working with this song and I had no title so this came like a gift from above! It fitted into the lyrics which was a funny song about feeling numb on stage.
– In ‚What’s Your Story?‘ Ebbot asks „What’s your story? What did you learn to do?“ – how would you answer these questions in relation to your time as a band?
More like our time as human beings and all the changes that are occuring right now.
– Do you already know what you will do after the end of The Soundtrack Of Our Lives and if you will still be making music?
There´s already a instrumental solo album that is finished. And two other albums in my head already. There might also be a reunion tour of my former band Union Carbide Productions…. only in Germany of course!
– In retrospective – what was for you personally the best moment while being part of The Soundtrack Of Our Lives?
Our fans. And to be able to record all those songs for the future.
– What are your next plans?
To tour until the end of 2012. And maybe release an instrumental album.
– What did you learn in 2011?
To prepare for 2012 and almost to clean up my room.
– Your Top 3 records of 2012 up to now? Why?
1. Oholics – „In Orbit“ a great new psychedelic rockn´roll band that no one gives a shit about in Sweden because they are for REAL. They are the worlds greatest band right now! They need a booking agency and a good manager! Check it out on www.Oholics.com
2. Caviare Days – their debut album just came out and it´s amazing! Laurel Canyon meets Jefferson Airplane and Love! Check out these chicks! Great and weird live band too.
3. Långfinger – Watching this band live is like to see a cross-combination between Led Zeppelin and Nirvana. The´ll kick anyones ass!
These 3 bands are the future of good music thank you!
– Which song would fit to your actual situation?
„Sorry, I´m a Lady“ by Baccara
– Which song makes you dance independent of your situation?
„Da Da Da“ by Trio
– How would your „Bedroomdisco“ look like?
Like Dudley Moore dancing to Paul Nicholas „On The Strip“
– Who did fill out this questionnaire?
The higher and lower self of Ebbot Lundberg, known as the singer of Tsool.